- 1 of 3 Photos | View More Photos
*9 Lasagna noodles
*2 carrots, shredded
*1 small onion, chopped
*1 red pepper, chopped
*1 10-oz. pkg. frozen chopped broccoli
*1/2 tsp. salt
*15 oz. ricotta cheese
*2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
*2 cup spaghetti sauce
1. Cook noodles as directed on package; drain and separate. Cook carrots, onion and pepper in a little water until tender-crisp; drain and add well-drained broccoli. Stir salt into ricotta.
2. In a greased 12”x8” baking dish, layer 3 noodles, 1/3 spaghetti sauce, 1/2 ricotta, 1/3 vegetable mixture and 1/3 mozzarella cheese. Repeat. Top with 3 remaining noodles, sauce and vegetable mixture.
3. Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until heated through and bubbly. Add remaining mozzarella the last few minutes.
Note: Fresh broccoli can be substituted for frozen, as can spinach
Mini Green Bean Casserole
*1 pound green beans, ends trimmed
*2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
*1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
*1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Fill large sized stock pot 3/4 of the way full and lightly salt water. Bring lightly salted water to rolling boil over medium-high heat. Fill medium-sized mixing bowl halfway with ice and water.
2. Add trimmed and cut green beans to boiling water and let cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Using hand strainer, remove green beans from boiling water and place them into ice water to stop cooking. The green beans should be crisp-tender and vibrant green. After green beans have cooled down, remove from ice water and set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 370°F. Divide blanched green beans evenly into four mini casserole dishes. Add an even amount of cheese on top of green beans.
4. In small bowl, combine panko bread crumbs and olive oil. Mix ingredients to combine. Sprinkle bread crumb mixture on top of green beans and cheese.
5. Place mini green bean casseroles in oven and bake until bubbly and golden brown. Let cool before serving.
Baked Hash Brown Potatoes
*1/2 cup margarine
*2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
*1/2 cup green olives (optional)
*1 can cream of mushroom soup
*1 10-oz. pkg. frozen broccoli, thawed
Preheat oven to 350°. Boil noodles in 6-7 cups water until just tender. Drain. Combine soup with 1 can water or milk. Combine cooked noodles, chicken, broccoli, soup mixture and olives. Cover and bake 25-30 minutes.
Variation: Add crushed potato chips as topping
Cherry Pineapple Cabana Cake
*1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice
(do not drain)
*1 can (21 ounces) Cherry Pie Filling
*1 package (18.25 ounces) yellow cake mix
*1 cup butter or margarine, melted
*1 bag (7 ounces) coconut, shredded
*1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Lightly grease 9-by-13-inch baking pan. In prepared baking pan, layer undrained crushed pineapple, then pie filling. Sprinkle dry cake mix over top, smoothing evenly and covering top.
3. Pour melted butter or margarine over top, covering evenly. Top with coconut and nuts.
4. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until brown on top and bubbly.
5. Let cool 30 minutes. Serve warm or cooled.